Dengies range of Alfa-A fibre feeds is based on chopped alfalfa fibre and has been developed to meet the nutritional requirements of working horses and ponies or for promotiong improved condition or weight gain.
Alfalfa provides the quality protein essential for improving topline, muscle condition and repair. Naturally low in sugar and starch, independant research has show that alfalfa can aid digestive health by acting as a natural buffer. Research shows that feeding Alfalfa also improves hoof quality, due to its abundant levels of calcium and other naturally occuring vitamins and minerals which are easier for the horse to absorb and utilise.
- Alfa-A Oil is the ultimate pure alfalfa fibre feed for fuelling hard work, improving stamina and promoting condition in horses and ponies.
- The addition of rape seed oil makes this feed excellent for providing slow release energy without the fizz. As Alfa-A Oil is free from molasses and cereal grains, it is ideal for over excitable horses or those prone to muscle problems.
- Alfa-A Oil provides 12.5MJ/kg of slow release energy, which is comparable to a conditioning or competition mix, but provides 10 times less starch, making it ideal for horses with ERS which research indicates benefit from a low sugar and starch diet.
- Alfa-A Oil is made with pure Alfalfa which has been chopped and dried at high temperature to lock in the goodness.
- Alfalfa is rich in highly digestable fibre, packed with essential vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. It is high in protein and therefore ideal for helping to develop muscle tone and for muscle function.
- Alfalfa is a natural buffer for gut acidity. In independant research carried out by Texas A&M University, USA, feeding Alfalfa was more effective at reducing the incidence of gastric ulcers than turnout onto pasture 24/7.
- Alfa-A Oil has a high oil content and is perfect for show ring condition, healthy skin and coat shine.
- No added sugar, low in starch.
- When feeding a fibre only ration, it should ideally be topped with a source of vitamins and minerals such as Performance + Balancer or Performance Vits and Mins which are both formulated with performance in mind.
- The Alfalfa in Alfa-A Oil is dried at a very high temperature which reduces mould. The efficient extraction process ensures that Alfa-A Oil has low dust content, making it ideal for promoting respiratory health especially in performance and race horses.
Ingredients: Alfalfa, rape seed oil
Nutritional Analysis % 'as fed'