Dengies range of Alfa-A fibre feeds is based on chopped alfalfa fibre and has been developed to meet the nutritional requirements of working horses and ponies or for promotiong improved condition or weight gain.
Alfalfa provides the quality protein essential for improving topline, muscle condition and repair. Naturally low in sugar and starch, independant research has show that alfalfa can aid digestive health by acting as a natural buffer. Research shows that feeding Alfalfa also improves hoof quality, due to its abundant levels of calcium and other naturally occuring vitamins and minerals which are easier for the horse to absorb and utilise.
- The perfect pure Alfalfa fibre feed for fuelling work and promoting condition in horses and ponies that are prone to laminitis.
- Naturally low in sugar and starch, Alfa-A Molasses Free contains no added sugar, is molasses and preservative free and approved by The Laminitis Trust.
- Alfa-A Molasses Free is a medium calorie feed, providing 11.5MJ/kg of DE from fibre and oil. This is comparable to a medium energy mix or cube, but without the sugar and starch.
- On average, Alfa-A Molasses Free is 10 times lower in starch than a typical medium energy mix or cube.
- Alfa-A Molasses Free is suitable for horses and ponies that require a low sugar ration such as those prone to muscle problems or laminitis.
- Contains real mint, fenugreek and alfalfa pellets for interest and taste.
- Alfa-A Molasses Free contains no added sugar and naturally provides 2% starch and 4.5% sugar which is approximately half the level of sugar compared to the average hay.
- Alfa-A Molasses Free is a straight feed and although alfalfa is abundant in natural nutrients, a source of broad spectrum vitamins and minerals should be added alongside to ensure a balanced diet.
- Alfa-A Molasses Free can be fed dry or dampened with water.
Ingredients: chopped alfalfa, alfalfa pellets, rapeseed oil, mint, fenugreek.
Nutritional Analysis % 'as fed'